Friday, April 21, 2006

Earth Day (almost)

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with a lot of stuff lately. I'm posting this from school. School's been fun. In fact, today we celebrated Earth Day. Earth day is actually tomorrow, (April 22) but there's no school on Saturday. For Earth Day, we had a trash free lunch & snack at school. I brought a washable container of pretzels and a thermos full of apple juice for snack, and a baguette Nutella sandwich with a banana for lunch. We ate outside for lunch & snack. We also went to two assemblies, one before snack, and one after lunch. For lunch, we went out onto the field. After we all finished, one of my 2nd grade teachers decided to form a circle, and sing This Land Is Your Land together. After that, one of my teachers decided to jump around and sing This Land Is Your Land. Then we went to our second assembly. It was a storytelling assembly. The one before was where we sang a song with hand motions.

Yesterday we had another MAT practice test. It had 58 questions. Also, my birthday is coming soon.

That's all for now!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wacky teachers!

April 21, 2006 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;)

April 21, 2006 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jake!!!!! The Hultman crew (chloe, hank, and timo) hope that you are doing well. We hope to see you soon!

April 22, 2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from one of your teachers too - I know you're birthday is sometime soonish.

April 22, 2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. I hope your MAT's are going well. I always enjoyed tests like that when I was growing up.

You told me that you received an electric guitar for your birthday. I know a website that you may be interested in. It is: www.guitarvision.com

You can download guitar lessons as well as individual songs. Of course, you have to pay for them so that is not so great. I like it because of the guitar graphics and because you can slow the song down and even pause it while you are playing along.

Better get ready for my next class. Have a good week.

Candy

April 26, 2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com