Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Teaching!

Hey everyone. I'm currently in the class I'm teaching about computer skills. This class is for rising 1st and 2nd graders. I was just taking around 190 photos of the kids for a surprise I'm doing. Yesterday, I was helping them do a Incredibles game. Not what I am trying to teach. Today, I'm going to try to ease them on to online games, and to do that, I will show them how to use Google. If I have to show them how to do Google, I'll have to teach them how to use a keyboard and about Google, etc., etc. Then I'll get some actual teaching done. Even though the Incredibles game teaching kids basic computer skills, if it's embedded in a game, they'll likely forget it. A lot of kids want to learn! I'm surprised. I would think there wouldn't be a lot. I gotta go back now. Kids are waiting. That's it for now!

P.S. How's everyone liking my Things I Found On Google posts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, you must be a born teacher! Can your kids keep up with you? Sometimes it's a pain to slow down, but it's part of teaching. Did you know Google is building a new facility in Ann Arbor, where I grew up (back when there were dinosaurs)?

July 11, 2006 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com